Henry Blakes' wife Mildred and Lorraine
38 Special
2012-03-04 20:08:54 UTC
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?
Captain Infinity
2012-03-04 21:34:00 UTC
Wiseguy
2012-03-04 22:20:31 UTC
Post by Captain Infinity
Once Upon A Time,
Post by 38 Special
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine.
True!
Post by 38 Special
Has anybody else noticed this?
Yes!
Post by 38 Special
Also, Why the name change for a character who was never seen?
Because nobody gave a shit.
**
Captain Infinity
Because they didn't remember (or know) the character had been referred
to by name before.
Wiseguy
2012-03-04 22:21:13 UTC
Post by 38 Special
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?
Yeah, at least as far back as 1979 when the earlier episodes were first
shown in syndication.
Tim J.
2012-03-04 22:37:36 UTC
On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:08:54 -0800 (PST), 38 Special
Post by 38 Special
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?
Did you also notice that Harry Morgan was once a general, but went
crazy, got demoted to colonel, went to medical school, and came back
under an assumed name?
Handy
2012-03-04 23:02:43 UTC
Post by 38 Special
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine.  Has anybody else noticed this?  Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?
She is seen, she's in the home movie Henry gets and watches with
Hawkeye, Trapper and Radar. I forget which episode, one of the Dear
Dad episodes I think.
k***@gmail.com
2019-01-24 00:34:50 UTC
The home movie is BJ Honeycutts wife Peg
Stormin Mormon
2012-03-05 01:29:55 UTC
The question has been raised several times. Not sure what the answer was,
except simple oversight. Wish LG was alive to comment.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Eddie
2012-03-06 00:54:58 UTC
He commented on that several times and in our book.
Stormin Mormon
2013-05-15 12:19:43 UTC
So, what's the title and author, and how do we get your book?
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
c***@gmail.com
2017-03-05 01:02:00 UTC
Season 3 Ep 11
Adams Ribs has Trapper John calling his wife in the states to handle a pick up of ribs that Hawkeye ordered. During the call He referred to her as 'Mildred'. Did the writers do this purposefully to get the attention of us loyal fans??
john Szalay
2017-03-05 03:10:27 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Season 3 Ep 11
Adams Ribs has Trapper John calling his wife in the states to handle a
pick up of ribs that Hawkeye ordered. During the call He referred to
her as 'Mildred'. Did the writers do this purposefully to get the
attention of us loyal fans??
Trapper did not call his wife in Adams Ribs..
, Trapper remembered a woman named Mildred Feeny with whom he had a "three-
night stand" years ago and calls her to ask for help. Mildred comes through
for Trapper.

the writers did mess up Henry's wifes name
At first, Henry Blake's wife's name was Mildred, then it was changed to
Lorraine in later episodes
j***@gmail.com
2019-11-30 22:07:10 UTC
Harry Morgan as Sheriff in the Apple Dumpling Gang had a wife named Mildred
Andy K.
2012-03-05 06:25:34 UTC
Post by 38 Special
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?
...or Blake has been seeing Potter's wife on the side. His wife was also
Mildred. :)
A.
Eddie
2012-03-06 00:53:59 UTC
Post by 38 Special
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?
Wiseguy is correct. They did not remember names and the like from week to
week. Or script to script.
Mildred, at that time, was a reference to Larry Gelbart's cousin, Mildred.
George
2012-03-06 00:11:58 UTC
Post by Eddie
Post by 38 Special
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine. Has anybody else noticed this? Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?
Wiseguy is correct. They did not remember names and the like from week to
week. Or script to script.
Mildred, at that time, was a reference to Larry Gelbart's cousin, Mildred.
And when they were writing season 1 eps they had no idea people would be
picking them apart 40 years later.
Ivan Awfulitch
2012-03-06 02:47:49 UTC
Post by 38 Special
In early episodes Henry Blake referred to his wife as Mildred. Later,
he called her Lorraine.  Has anybody else noticed this?  Also, Why the
name change for a character who was never seen?
Henry: Sweet Looooooraine
Radar (aside): She's got a killer body.
Eddie

I think Radar said she's got great legs.
George
He says she's got a 'fantastic' body.
Eddie
Oh, yeah. That's right. Boy, I'm getting old.
Ivan Awfulitch
Thanks, George. Been years since I saw that.
g***@gmail.com
2018-02-26 05:17:42 UTC
Actually they did show her. On the episode when she sent a video of his daughters bday